17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.2 Corinthians 5:17–19 (NIV)
In the passage above, Paul reminds us that through faith in Jesus Christ, we are made new creations. Our past sins are forgiven and we are reconciled to God. This is a powerful reminder that through Jesus, we have access to the love and grace of God, and that nothing can separate us from His love. The passage also highlights the importance of sharing this message of reconciliation with others and serving as ambassadors of Christ’s love and grace to the world around us.
So as you start your day, take comfort in the knowledge that you are a new creation in Christ, and that you are loved and forgiven. Trust in God’s love for you, and be encouraged by the promise of new beginnings. And as you go about your day, look for opportunities to share this message of reconciliation and to serve others in the love and grace of Christ.
Additional Data for Your Meditation
What the New Creation Has
As a new creation in Christ, a believer is transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and begins to live a new way of life characterized by certain qualities and behaviors.
According to Romans 12, some of the qualities that a believer should develop as a new creation include:
- A living sacrifice to God (v1)
- A transformed mind (v2)
- Righteousness, holiness and devotion (v1)
- Love that is genuine and free from hypocrisy (v9)
- A spirit of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (v12)
- A joyous, patient and persevering attitude in any situation (v12)
- A peace-making mindset (v18)
What is expected from the New Creation: Behavior, Attitude, and Words are marked by
As a new creation, it’s expected that the believer behavior, attitude, and words would be marked by:
- A lifestyle of holiness and righteousness (Colossians 3:5-10)
- A mindset of humility, gentleness, and patience (Ephesians 4:2)
- A heart filled with love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23)
- A language marked by grace (Colossians 4:6)
- An attitude of service and love towards others (John 13:34-35)
- A striving to obey and honor God (1 Peter 1:14-16)
Please let us know how we can pray for you. Contact us